Thursday, September 4, 2014

Upcoming New Semester & a Few Changes...

I am excited to announce the news that Authentic Living Ministries is an official Vineyard Small Group!  We are beginning our new semester this coming Monday, September 8 at 8 PM.  Our first study of the semester will be  Postcard from Paul...  Make sure you download your PDF before Monday!

For those of you in the area, if you want to stop by the Small Group Fair this weekend and visit me in the Women's Ministry section, please feel free to do so!  I would love to see you there.

I can hardly wait to get started!

I will have more specific information regarding our current study on Monday, but in the mean time I wanted to touch base with everyone before we ‘officially’ begin the new semester.

As we begin this semester I wanted to take a moment and ask you to reflect on the last few months and your involvement in the Group itself.  If you feel that ALM is not a good fit for your life at this time, I am giving you the opportunity to leave the Group.  While I will be very sad to see you go, I do understand that life gets busy and that’s okay.

I also want to take a moment to update everyone on a few changes.   As you know, this is not only a private Facebook Group, but an active Group.  Our goal is to meet together to study the Bible, and to that end, I am asking that everyone actually participate in the weekly meetings instead of skimming through the posts at our leisure.  If you’ve been attending, you know that our meetings can be quite intimate, with prayer requests and discussions that allow us to work out our faith together and grow toward the women that God wants us to be.  If we are merely skimmers, and not active participants, we lose the very ‘privacy’ and community that makes our Small Group unique.

As of Monday, the new changes are:
  1. I am no longer adding women to the Facebook Group without a working email, which means you must register your email and verify it on the Blog first before you can become an official Member. Without an email, you cannot receive updates, and without updates, it’s so easy to fall behind. 
  2. You must actually participate in the Small Group meetings. If you do not attend a meeting within 4 consecutive weeks you will be removed from the Group.  (Participation is more than just popping in and saying hello once, or liking the post, it’s actively engaging in the conversation.)

Since most of us have been Members for almost 4 months now, I am asking those of you who have not been participating to take a leap of faith and join us this Monday!  We would love to get to know you better!  If however, you do not attend this Monday, I will be removing you from the Group.  But no worries, if your circumstances change please feel free to ask to join again, provided you follow the guidelines specified above.

If you are new to the Group I would like to say "WELCOME ABOARD"!  We are so happy to have you join us.

Let me just say in closing that I truly have valued and loved everyone of you!  I am so very excited to begin this new chapter in Authentic Living Ministries with you!  I hope to see you on Monday!

Blessings,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment