I pray that your week has been full of God's blessings! I am looking forward to tonight's Small Group and can't wait to see you there!
Last week we discussed Hagar, and what a great discussion we had! Tonight we will be ending the first month of our study with Lot's Wife. Can you believe it's already been 4 weeks since we began these new studies?!!
Lot's Wife... She was a prosperous woman who may have been more attached to the good life than was good for her. Though there is no indication she participated in the sin of Sodom, her story implies that she had learned to tolerate it and that her heart had become divided as a result.
Her story can be found in Genesis, 18:16-19:29
You are invited to join Authentic Living Ministries tonight at 8 PM (AZ time) as we discuss the following questions:
- Lot invited these men to stay in his home without consulting his wife. What kind of home must Lot's wife have made for him and his children? How would you respond?
- Even though we know ancient culture demanded that you guarantee the safety and well being of guests in your home, when Lot offered his daughters to the mob outside, how do you think his wife reacted? (please answer in more than one or two words)
- Even though warned not to do so, Lot's wife couldn't resist looking back. Why do you think she turned? Do you spend a lot of time looking back?
- How can you leave the past behind, enjoy the present, and plan for the future?
Don't forget, for those of us in the Glendale, AZ area, the Vineyards' annual Women's Conference is coming on February 6-7. You can sign up online, here: Restoring Eve: God's Purpose for Women
I'm going to both days and I hope to see you there!
Love & Blessings,
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.