This week's study will focus on a woman who did not follow God or obey His voice. In fact, Delilah used her beauty to betray her lover for her own profit and gain. However, as in all of God's word, we can learn a lot from her life choices and decisions.
|Her story can be found in Judges 16:4-22|
- Why was Delilah willing to betray Samson? Why do you think Samson played along, giving her false answers?
- How can you tell if someone is speaking the truth? How important is it to be able to discern the truth?
- Not only did Samson's strength leave him, but the Lord left him as well. Does this surprise you? When have you felt at your weakest spiritually? Did you feel this way because God had left you? Or because of something you had done yourself?
- Why do you think the story of Delilah is important? What can she teach us?
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.