Happy Monday Ladies!
Tonight's guest is "The Woman with an Issue of Blood". Her story can be found in 3 of the Gospels - Matthew 9:20-22; Mark 5:25-34; Luke 8:43-48
Desperate for healing, she ignored the conventions of the day just for the chance to touch Jesus.
Our questions for the night are:
- How do you think Jesus knew someone had touched him? Obviously, the touch of this woman was different from the other touches by those around him. What made it different?
- Why do you think this woman was afraid to admit she was the one in the crowd who had touched Jesus and been healed? (5:33)
- Think of a time when something very special or miraculous happened to you. Were you eager or hesitant to share it with others? Why?
This woman had tried everything in order to be healed. When Jesus came to her village, she knew she had another option. How often do you try every other option to solve a problem before turning to God? Is he often a last resort? What would be a better way?
If you are receiving this in your email box, please feel free to head back to the Blog to answer the "Food for Thought" questions in the comments under this week's post.
If you are already here I would love to hear what you think!
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.