Welcome to another beautiful Monday!
Please join us tonight at 8 pm for our weekly Small Group meeting!
Her story can be found in Matthew 14:3-12 | Mark 6:14-29 | Luke 3:19-20; 9:7-9
Our questions for the night are these...
- Have you ever plotted, like Herodias, to get your own way? How does that make you feel about yourself? Are you pleased when you get your own way, or is the result less than satisfying?
- John confronted Herod with his sin. When someone confronts you with something that is wrong in your life, how do you respond?
- When have you done something you later wished you hadn't simply because of the pressure of those around you to do it? What would have been a better response?
Food for Thought:
Note the different responses to John record in verses 19 and 20 (Mark 6). Which response is more like yours when confronted with sin? Are you like Herodias - sulking and wanting to get even with those who reveal your sin or failings? Or are you like Herod - willing to listen, curious about what the other person has to say? Please explain.
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.