Hi there Ladies!
I hope your Memorial Day was a relaxing one, full of family and friends and food, as well as some time to reflect on those who gave their lives so that we could enjoy the many freedoms we have today.
For those of you who are new to Authentic Living Ministries online Bible study, don't forget to purchase your book. The link for it can be found on the Study Schedule Tab
As you know, tonight's Bible study will focus on the life of Bathsheba, who's beauty made her a victim of a king's desire. Though it's difficult to discern her true character, she seems to have found the courage to endure tragedy, winning the king's confidence and eventually securing the kingdom for her son Solomon.
Her story can be found in 2 Samuel 11:1-12:25
The questions we will be discussing are as follows:
- What might Bathsheba have been thinking when David's men came to get her? Could she have said no to David the king? (2 Samuel 11:2-5)
- How do you resist your most frequent temptation? What path away from temptation could David and Bathsheba have taken?
- What character represents Bathsheba in Nathan the prophet's story? What does that tell you about what God thought of her part in these events? (2 Samuel 12:1-23)
- After the death of their son, Bathsheba now accepts comfort from David (12:24), the very man who had brought all this misery on her. Does this surprise you? Why or why not?
I am looking forward to tonight! See you Online!
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.