Happy Monday Ladies!
Tonight's guest is Mary, the mother of Jesus.
She was a virgin from a poor family in an obscure village in Galilee. Her response to Gabriel reveals a young woman of unusual faith and humility. Her unqualified yes to God's plan for her life entailed great personal risk and suffering. She must have endured seasons of confusion, fear, and darkness as the events of her life unfolded. She is honored, not only as the mother of Jesus, but as his first disciple.
Her story can be found in Matthew 1:18-25; 2; Luke 1:26-80; 2; John 19:25-27
The questions we will be discussing tonight are:
- Read Luke 1:26 – 38. Imagine yourself in Mary’s place. What thoughts and feelings go through your mind when you hear what Gabriel says in verse 28? Verse 31? Verses 32 – 33? Verse 35?
- Which part of this would be hardest for you to accept with the calm and humility Mary expresses in verse 38? Why?
- Read Luke 1:46 – 55. What does Mary’s song tell you about her character and the things that are important to her?
- Read John 19:25 – 30. Imagine Mary watching her son die and remembering her song from Luke 1:46 – 55. How would that song sound to her now?
- In what circumstance do you need to say to God, “I am the Lord’s servant. May it be to me as you have said”? What makes that hard or easy for you to say?
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.