Happy Monday Ladies!
Take a break from your Labor Day festivities and join us for tonight's study!
Tonight we will be discussing Elizabeth. A descendant of Aaron, Elizabeth was a woman the Bible calls "upright in the sight of God". Like very few others, male or female, she is praised for observing all the Lord's commandments and regulations without blame. She is the first to acknowledge Jesus as Lord.
Her story can be found in Luke 1:5-80
The questions we will be discussing tonight are:
- What do you learn about Elizabeth and Zechariah from Luke 1:5 – 7? Does Luke 1:6 imply that they were perfect? If not, what do these words mean?
- Imagine an angel coming to you with some unexpected and unbelievable announcement. How do you think you would react?
- When Elizabeth saw Mary, she was filled with the Holy Spirit and loudly exclaimed a blessing (Luke 1:42 – 44). Have you ever been moved to praise God like that? If so, when? If not, what would have to happen to move you to do that?
- Elizabeth was going to be the mother of a prophet, yet she praised God for what he was doing in Mary’s life. What does this say about Elizabeth?
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.