Another beautiful Monday night is upon us!
Welcome to your Small Group news.
Tonight we will be discussing The Woman of Samaria. She was looked down on by the Jews because she was a Samaritan, and disdained because of her many romantic liaisons, she would not have been most people's first choice to advance the gospel in a region where it had not yet been heard.
Her story can be found in John 4:1-42
The questions we will be discussing are as follows:
- (Read John 4:10-18) Do you think the woman understood what sort of water Jesus was speaking of here? Looking at her lifestyle, what do you think she was really thirsty for?
- The woman abruptly changes the subject in verse 19. Is it hard for you to face up to the areas of your life that need changing? What tactics do you use to keep the light of God's Word and Spirit away from your weaknesses and sins?
- (Read John 4:27-42) What one part of their conversation convinces the woman that Jesus was who He said He was? What does the Samaritan woman do when she realizes who Jesus is?
- Once we've accepted the truth of Jesus' claims to be the Christ, what is the best response for us to make? How often do we actually respond in the way the Samaritan woman responded, and with as much enthusiasm?
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.