Welcome to another beautiful Monday!
Last week we discussed the mothers of Moses. This week we will be discussing another important woman in his life, his sister Miriam. She stood over his basket boat as an infant, and later in life joined him in their escape from Egypt. An important leader, she never-the-less had to face the truth of her own sin
Tonight at 8 PM we will be discussing the following questions:
- Miriam and the other women of Israel were so overwhelmed with thanksgiving and praise at the safe crossing of the Red Sea that they broke into song and dance. How do you think you would have felt in that situation? Would you have danced? Or would you have used some other form of praise to God? If so, what?
- What do you think Miriam and Aaron had against Moses' "Cushite" wife? Do you think his wife was the real problem? What was the real problem, the real reason for their attack?
- Why do you think Miriam was singled out for the punishment of leprosy and not Aaron? Have you ever been in a situation where one person was punished for the wrongdoing of several? How did that make you feel?
- What do you think Miriam was feeling and thinking when she was outside the camp for those seven days? What would go through your mind if you were in Miriam's place?
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.