Welcome to Small Group!
Tonight we are wrapping up the month of March with the story of Deborah, who stepped into a leadership role in Israel during a time of great conflict. Join us at 8 PM tonight as we discover how her life can touch ours.
Her story can be found in Judges 4-5
Tonight's questions are:
- What was Barak afraid of? Why would having Deborah along alleviate those fears? (Judges 4:8)
- In Judges 4:9, Deborah talks about honor going to a woman instead of to the men. How do you think the Israelite men felt about this? When a woman succeeds today, how do the men around her typically respond? Why?
- In Judges 5:7 Deborah describes herself as a "mother of Israel", not "leader" or "prophetess". Why does she call herself this? What does this tell you about Deborah? What lesson for your own life can you gain from this verse?
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.