Rahab was both clever and wise. She saw judgement coming and was able to devise an escape plan for herself and her family. As soon as she heard what God had done for the Israelites, she cast her lot with his people, risking her life in an act of faith.
Her story can be found in Joshua 2:1-21; 6:17-25
I love the story of Rahab. Such a beautiful picture of God's amazing grace, love and mercy, proving that not only is His forgiveness available for anyone, but that His plans for our future are far more beautiful than our present situation.
Join us tonight at 8 PM as we dig deeper into the Biblical truths found in this amazing woman's life through the following questions:
- What do you think prompted Rahab to hide the Hebrew spies? Why would the house of a prostitute be a good place for the spies to go when they entered the city?
- Why do you think God would choose to use someone like Rahab? What does this say about the people God might choose to use today to further His kingdom?
- James (2:25) mentions Rahab in his plea for believers not to forget that works are an important outgrowth of faith. How did Rahab's actions demonstrate this truth?
- What lessons in obedience and faith can you learn from Rahab the prostitute?
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.