Welcome to Small Group!
Tonight we will be studying about Huldah.
Trusted by the King with a matter of great importance, she was a prophetess whose word generated a significant religious reform. Her story can be found in 2 Kings 22:14-20; 2 Chronicles 34:22-33
Our questions for tonight are:
- The nation had been following false gods for so long that the Book of the Law (probably part of Deuteronomy) had been laid aside and forgotten. How would you describe the king’s emotional reaction when he heard God’s law? Why do you think he responded as he did?
- Describe what you think Huldah might have been like: her person, her character, her relationship with God.
- What does God’s message to the nation and to the king say about him: his character and the way he deals with people?
- What would it be like for you to have to deliver to your people the message that Huldah delivered to hers?
- (Bonus Question, if we have time) When God lets you know you’ve done wrong, how do you typically respond?
If you’re reading this on the Blog and not in your email box, and would like to join Small Group, follow these instructions…
- REGISTER your email to get Small Group updates! Look to the top right of the Blog, put your email in, and don’t forget to ‘activate’ your registration through the link that will be emailed to you by Feedburner.
- JOIN SMALL GROUP by going to the Join Small Group tab and follow the instructions found there.